Price And Quantity
- 4.5 INR/Piece
- 20000 Pieces Piece
- 100000 Piece Per Year
- 5 Days
- Free samples available with shipping and taxes paid by the buyer
- Jute bags
- All India
Vetiver grass for soil erosion control
Vetiver grass, vetiver grass slips, vetiver grass tillers, grass for soil erosion, grass for soil erosion protection, grass for slope stabilization, Natural Waste Water Treatment, Mine Field Rehabilitation, Spoiled Soil Rehabilitation, grass with deep roots
Vetiver Grass an Eco Friendly Solution to Geo Synthetical Problems. This Grass help Prevents the Soil Erosion. A Herb, which grows up to a height of 5ft above the ground and reaches a root length of 4mts in a span of 3 years.
What is Vetiver?
A Herb, which grows up to a height of 5ft above the ground and reaches a root length of 4mts in a span of 3 years.
Vetiver grass is the key element in a low cost and efficient system, for soil and water conservation, infrastructure stabilization, pollution control, waste water treatment, mitigation and rehabilitation, sediment control, prevention of storm damage and many other environmental protection applications.
This grass is the main component to all Vetiver System bioengineering and conservation applications. The plant is unique. It can be used in the tropics and semi tropics, and areas that have a Mediterranean type climate where there are hot summers, and winters are temperate.
Following are the applications of VETIVER :
- Soil Erosion
- Slope Stabilization
- Land Sliding
- Waste Water Treatment
- Mine Field Rehabilitation
- Spoiled Soil Rehabilitation
Although many grasses and trees have been tried over the years as measures to prevent erosion, to date only Vetiver grass has stood out.
- Stiff and erect sterns, which form dense hedges, can stand up to relatively deep water flow which reduces flow velocity and traps sediment.
- It has a strong fibrous root system that penetrates and binds the soil to a depth of up to 3 meters and can withstand the effects of tunneling and cracking.
- It is perennial and requires minimal maintenance.
- It is both a xerophyte and a hydrophyte, and once established it can withstand drought, flood, and long periods of water logging.
- Highly tolerant to a growing medium high in acidity, alkalinity or salinity.
- It will grow in all types of soil textures; this includes sand, shale, and gravel.
- Its leaves and roots have demonstrated a resistance to most diseases.
- It will grow in a wide range of climates. It is known to grow in areas with average annual rainfall between 200 and 6,000 millimeters and with temperatures ranging from -15 deg C to 55 deg C.
- Highly tolerant to AI, Mn, Ni, Zn in the soils.
- It is cheap and easy to establish as a hedge and to maintain.
How it Works?
- When planted, the grass quickly forms a dense permanent hedge which will reduce water flow velocity.
- The canopy of grass will reach a height of 2 meters in a span of 4 months, which changes direction & flow of water velocity.
- It has stiff and erect stems which can stand up to relatively deep water flow. Its sharp leaves and aromatic roots repel rodents, snakes and similar pests.
- Root length reaches 4 meters in 3 years.
- Its strong fibrous root system penetrates and binds the and can withstand the effects of tunneling and cracking.
- When roots interact with the soil it forms a dense matrix of roots with the roots around it hence increasing Tensile strength.
- Roots are very strong with high mean tensile strength of 75 MPa or 1/6th of strength of mild steel.
- It is perennial and requires minimal maintenance.
Vetiver grass slip, approximately 2 m high, with a solid thick and primarily upright base system regularly estimating more than 3 m. In addition, it is through quality a hydrophyte, yet sometimes flourishes under xerophytic environs.
- Average temperature 18 - 25ÃÆÃ¢â¬Å¡ÃâÃÂº C
- Median temperature of the coldest month 5ÃÆÃ¢â¬Å¡ÃâÃÂºC
- Supreme least - 15ÃÆÃ¢â¬Å¡ÃâÃÂºC
- When ground cools grass typically dies
- Development of Vetiver grass slip generally begins over 12ÃÆÃ¢â¬Å¡ÃâÃÂºC
- Temperatures of hot summer (25ÃÆÃ¢â¬Å¡ÃâÃÂºC +) needed for fast development. (acknowledged to endure temperatures of over 55ÃÆÃ¢â¬Å¡ÃâÃÂºC)
- As least as 300 mm, however over 700 mm is ideal
- Will endure complete drought, yet generally needs a wet period of no less than three months. Suitable is well spread month to month precipitation.
Vetiver grass slip develops better under damp environs, yet does well additionally under less dampness.
Hard to set up under shade, when it is expelled development recuperation is quick.
Develops best on profound sandy loam soils. But, it will develop on most soil sorts varying from dark splitting vertisols over to red alfisols. Vetiver grass slip will develop on rubble, both alkali (pH11) as well as acid (ph3) soils, it is retardant to elevated amounts of mineral cytotoxicity - manganese (550 ppm) and aluminum. Further, it will endure intact submergence in water for around five months. It develops on both deep and shallow soils.
Up to around 2,000 m. Over 2000 m development of Vetiver grass slip can be inhibited by minimum temperatures.
1-1.5% of parched load of the roots, which are reaped for refining
Matured levels under moist (irrigated) and fertile environs may be as elevated as 2,00,000 pounds for every ha. Generally 30,000 - 60,000 pounds/ha.
Diseases and Pests:
Vetiver grass slip is normally impervious to most diseases and pest. It looks to be more receptive to illness, when it is not growing well and weak, specifically on extremely superficial soils in relation with drought environs. Under the last environs, root parasite strikes may be critical.
Termites will just strike dying or dead sections of vetiver. If the strike is critical on Vetiver grass slip, the termite "slopes" made can cover living vetiver grass slip. Under such environs yearly blazing of vetiver hedges will enormously decrease the rate of termite harm because of wear out of dead plant material. Further, then again late research demonstrates that Vetiver has great ability like a "push pull" crop, captivating insects like stem borer far from contiguous maize crops.
Vetiver grass slip is acknowledged to live for a prolonged period. The longest transcribed period is around 60 years (at Msamfu Research Station in Zambia).